Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our Trip To HugueNOT Park

What a day today was! I am sure that you will find a similar story on The Richards blog but this is my version in all its glory. Rebecca and I had planned to take the kiddies to the beach, one last fun trip before I have to go back to work. So I picked her up since Mike's car is broken and we were on our way to the beach. It was when we were going over the Dames Point Bridge that we noticed it was somewhat cloudy. On the way there Hayden was having a cow for some reason. So we get there and you have to pay to get on the beach, and I get almost all of my change back in coins. When we finally get to the beach the water is so high I can't even get on it. What are the chances?!?! So we decided not to take our chances and head on back towards town. So to recap so far, we drove out about 25 minutes with two toddlers to pay someone a dollar to change out my money for coins. When we decided to go to the pool instead the sky decided to turn even darker. We ended up right were we started, at my house and the kids played in the froggy pool and had a picnic lunch in the driveway. Although our plans completely changed we still had a good day. Hayden was much happier after he ate and sandwich and Madison was just happy to be out of the car. Rebecca and Hayden, thank you for an eventful day that will not soon be forgotten.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

HAHAHAHAHA! While the activities were 'interesting' to say the least, at least the company was good!